Invoiced introduces the innovative Invoice Capture feature, designed to streamline the accounts payable process by automating the creation of bills from uploaded invoices. This powerful tool allows users to upload an invoice received from a vendor, after which Invoiced automatically extracts relevant details and generates a corresponding bill within the platform. This documentation outlines the steps to effectively utilize the Invoice Capture feature, ensuring efficient and accurate bill processing.
Invoice Capture leverages advanced data extraction technology to identify and pull crucial information from uploaded invoices, such as vendor details, invoice date, due date, and amount. This automation significantly reduces manual data entry, minimizes errors, and accelerates the accounts payable workflow.
- Efficiency: Dramatically reduces the time spent on data entry and bill creation.
- Accuracy: Minimizes human error by automatically capturing invoice details.
- Streamlined Process: Simplifies the transition from invoice receipt to bill payment.
- Log into your Invoiced account.
- Navigate to the Bills section, where you will find the option to utilize the Invoice Capture feature.
- Click on the Upload Invoice button or the designated area for invoice capture.
- Select the invoice file from your computer. Invoiced supports various file formats, including PDF, JPG, and PNG.
- Once selected, upload the file to initiate the automatic data extraction process.
- After the invoice is uploaded, Invoiced processes the file and extracts relevant details to create a bill.
- Review the automatically captured information to ensure accuracy. This includes:
- Vendor name
- Invoice number
- Invoice date
- Due date
- Total amount
- Line items (if applicable)
- You can edit any details as necessary to correct inaccuracies or add additional information.
- Once you have reviewed and, if needed, corrected the details, confirm the creation of the bill in Invoiced.
- The bill will then be added to your account, ready for further processing, such as approval and payment.
- Quality Scans: Ensure uploaded invoices are clear and legible to maximize the accuracy of data extraction.
- Regular Review: Always review the captured details for accuracy before confirming bill creation, especially for complex invoices with multiple line items.
- File Management: Maintain organized records of uploaded invoices for reference and auditing purposes.
- Vendor Information: Keep your vendor information up to date in Invoiced, as accurate vendor profiles can enhance the accuracy of invoice capture.
The Invoice Capture feature in Invoiced transforms the bill creation process, offering a seamless transition from invoice receipt to bill payment. By following these steps and best practices, you can leverage this feature to enhance the efficiency and accuracy of your accounts payable operations.