Invoiced streamlines the process of managing bills, from creation through approval to payment. This guide will walk you through each step of the process, ensuring you can efficiently manage your accounts payable.
Log in to your Invoiced account and navigate to the Bills section. This dedicated area allows you to view, create, and manage all your bills.
Click the Add Bill button to initiate the creation of a new bill. You'll be prompted to enter key details, including:
- Vendor Information: Select the relevant vendor from your list. If the vendor is not already listed, you may need to add them to your system.
- Bill Date and Due Date: Input the date the bill was issued and its due date.
- Amount Due: Enter the total amount owed.
- Description: Provide a brief description of the bill for reference.
- Attachments: Optionally, attach a digital copy of the bill for record-keeping.
Once all information is entered, click Save to add the bill to your system.
In the Bills section, you can easily view and organize your bills. Filters allow you to sort bills by various criteria, such as due date, amount, or status, to prioritize and manage your payments effectively.
Should you need to edit a bill's details, simply find the bill in your list, select it, and click the Edit button. After making the necessary adjustments, save your changes to update the bill's information.
Invoiced allows for an approval workflow, ensuring bills are reviewed before payment:
- Setting Up Approvals: Define approval workflows in your account settings, specifying which bills require approval and by whom.
- Reviewing Bills: Assigned approvers will receive notifications to review bills pending approval. They can then review the bill details and attached documents.
- Approving/Rejecting: Approvers can either approve the bill for payment or reject it. If rejected, they should provide a reason, and the bill may be sent back to the issuer for correction.
Once a bill is approved, it can be paid directly through Invoiced:
From the approved bills list, select the bill(s) you wish to pay. Invoiced supports batch processing, allowing you to pay multiple bills at once.
Select your desired payment method. Invoiced supports various payment methods, including ACH, credit card, and eCheck. The options available to you will depend on your vendor's preferences.
Review the total amount and details of the payment. Confirm the transaction by clicking on the Pay Now button. Invoiced will process the payment, and the bill status will automatically update to Paid.
You will receive a confirmation of the payment, and the transaction details will be recorded in your account for future reference.
- Regular Review: Regularly check your bills to stay on top of due dates and avoid late payments.
- Maintain Accurate Records: Keep detailed records of all bills and payments to simplify financial management and auditing.
- Leverage Automation: Utilize Invoiced's automation features, such as recurring bills and automatic payment reminders, to streamline your accounts payable process.
By following this guide, you can effectively create, manage, approve, reject, and pay bills using Invoiced, ensuring a smooth and efficient approach to managing your company's financial transactions.