Switch to Invoiced Payments
Invoiced Payments is a credit card and ACH payment processing option built into Invoiced. There are many advantages to switching to Invoiced Payments, like transparent pricing, first-party support from Invoiced, and no setup or monthly fees.
In this guide, we will show you how to switch to Invoiced Payments from a different payment processor.
- Go to Settings → Payments in the Invoiced web application.
- At the top of the page, there will be a message about switching. Click Start Now in that message. Alternatively, if you do not see the banner then click Setup underneath credit card payments.
- You will be taken to the new merchant account application. It takes a few minutes to complete. Please be prepared to enter in your company's beneficial owner information as part of KYC/AML compliance.
- Once you complete the merchant account application you will be prompted to enter your settlement bank details. This is where money you collect will be deposited.
- After you have completed these steps your Invoiced Payments account will be activated and ready to accept credit card payments. If you are a U.S. business you can optionally enable ACH payments.
Invoiced Payments is only available to U.S. and Canadian businesses.
Invoiced allows you to seamlessly transition between payment gateways without disrupting your customer's billing. Here is what happens when you switch to Invoiced Payments from a different payment gateway.
When you switch to Invoiced Payments, any new payment information added through Invoiced and any one-off charges will be processed through Invoiced Payments. However, if you have existing stored cards or bank accounts on file then the payment information does not automatically migrate from your previous payment gateway, due to PCI compliance reasons.
In order to continue charging your customers without interruption, we will continue to use the old payment gateway for any payment information on file that was added prior to the transition to Invoiced Payments. Once your customer enters in new payment information then it will be stored and processed through Invoiced Payments. You can see which payment gateway a card or bank account is stored on by going to the customer summary page on Invoiced and clicking on the payment method.
In some cases, payment information can be migrated from your previous payment gateway to Invoiced Payments. Your previous payment gateway will have to broker the transfer of stored payment information for PCI compliance reasons. You would only need to do this if you have payment information on file with the old gateway that you would like to charge through Invoiced Payments. It is not a requirement to migrate payment information when switching to Invoiced Payments.
If you wish to migrate cards stored on your previous payment gateway then please contact Invoiced Support for assistance.