This document details how to connect the American Express payment gateway to accept payments and how our integration works.
The American Express payment gateway on Invoiced supports the following features:
Connecting American Express is a straightforward process. Follow these steps to start accepting payments through American Express in minutes. These steps assume you already have a American Express account.
- First contact Invoiced Support to request that the American Express payment gateway is added to your Invoiced account.
- Once activated go to Settings → Payments → Payment Gateways in the Invoiced web application.
- Click Edit on the payment gateway you want to setup.
- Enter in your American Express Merchant ID, API Password, and Domain. If you do not know your processing domain then you should leave it as the default.
- Click Save. Then click Enable and the payment method you selected should be enabled.
Paying with credit or debit card is fairly straightforward for customers. They simply enter in their cardholder information and click Pay. We give receipts to your customers after a successful payment.
Customers can pay with ACH just as easily as with credit cards. The key difference is that ACH payments will take several business days to clear. When customers are on a payment form they will select ACH as the payment information and then enter in their bank account and routing number.
Need help with your American Express payment gateway account? Please contact your American Express account manager.