How It Works
Invoiced was created to make it easier to transact with other businesses. In this guide we will explain how it works.
Invoiced allows you to build a network of businesses that you trade with. Once a customer or vendor is in your network you can exchange documents with each other. At a high level this is how Invoiced is used:
Let's walk through a simple example to illustrate how to send an invoice using Invoiced.
- Go to your customer and click Actions → Add to Network.
- Enter the email address or Invoiced username of your customer. If you do not know your customer's Invoiced username then you should use their email address.
- Your customer will receive a Vendor Approval Request email to approve you as their vendor. If they do not have an Invoiced account yet then they will be able to create a free Invoiced account.
We will send you a notification once the customer has approved you as a vendor. After the connection is established you can begin to send invoices and other trade documents to this customer.
- Go to the Invoices page and click the New Invoice button.
- Select your customer from your customer list and enter in the details of the invoice.
- Once you are ready to finalize your invoice click the Save and Issue button.
- The invoice will be automatically delivered to your customer's Invoiced account as an e-invoice.
That's it! Now the invoice has been submitted to your customer for approval and payment. Your customer will receive a notification about the new invoice. You will be able to see the status of the invoice as it changes from pending approval to approved and to paid.